Friday 16 March 2018

Training my Czech German Shepherd Puppy (15weeks old) to not touch my Yorkie’s food



This is my Czech German Shepherd puppy (15weeks old), I’m teaching him NOT to touch my Yorkie’s food. My Yorkie likes to take a few bites of his food every 5 minutes or so, that’s why its important to have my other dogs’ trained NOT to touch his food. Keep in thought, my GSD puppy just ate at the same time. If my puppy did not just eat, I would NOT be training him this way (that would NOT be training, it would be mean). I successfully trained my Beagle the same way, and it will be nice when my GSD puppy understands it too. I have seen so many people (puppy dog trainers included) not take the time to do this, instead they lock their dogs up in different rooms. I feel that my dogs should be able to be anywhere in the same room and/ or do other things, even if there is a bowl of food on the floor. If you notice in the video my beagle is not even paying attention to the bowl of food (and he has a super high drive for food), he knows the food is there, he was just trained to know he can NOT touch it (So instead he picked up a bone to gnaw on, I did NOT have to say anything to him at all, as a matter of fact I know he is aware of the food bowl, because every time my Yorkie leaves his bowl of food out for more than 20 minutes, my Beagle finds a bone or toy to bite on, IT’S AWESOME!!).

source

The post Training my Czech German Shepherd Puppy (15weeks old) to not touch my Yorkie’s food appeared first on Professional Dog Advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment