Tuesday 3 April 2018

On the Job Puppy Training Day 1 With Frenda The Doberman



This is my first video in a series for people that want a real way to teach their puppy from someone who is actually teaching the trick to a puppy that does not already know all the tricks. this way you can see common mistakes the puppy will make, I will make and we can Teach the pups together.
I will try to Post a new video every day or 2, because you need to work with your puppy every day or 2 with at least 3 sessions would be a good way to start!! Look forward to comments and please subscribe and the videos will keep coming!
Hey tubers, My name is Jesse Jones Plumber by Day, Retired ARMY, Father, husband, learning to be puppy trainer by night. Parden the trim but I gatta get pretty for the camera so bear with me. Im going to try something a little unique in my opinion on the old How-To for training your puppy tricks.. This will be on a puppy that does NOT already know the tricks and makes it look super easy, I will start with Our puppy we got about a month ago and her name is Frenda a half Euro half American Doberman female.
Frenda does know a few basic commands like sit, lay, up and .. we started working on Stay and a bit of gimmie your paw.
Well that’s about it so lets get to introductions…. This is Frenda our 4 month old Dobe and newest addition to our family. Lets Jump in .
I want to reiterate that Frenda Does NOT know all the commands in the book AND THE COOL STUFF THAT GETS YOU NOTICED AT HOME DEPOT…..
and ill demonstate that here… frenda spin…. Frenda roll over… frenda speak… Frenda.. Dress in Drag and do the Hola
…… You get the idea… the reason I am making these videos is that I have had quite a few dogs in the past and I was always able to teach them basic commands and the easy stuff, but every time I tried to learn a new trick by watching a video on the net… I would never watch a puppy actually learn it…. It was always on a puppy who was ALREADY perfectly trained by the best people on the internet… so I wanted to show viewers the day by day training of Frenda and see the progress.
I will try to keep my videos around 5-10 mins per video as you don’t want to wear your puppy out… they, just like children can only give you so much attention at one time.. so don’t push that lil guy. I am really excited to see Frenda learning all the tricks that I can find and yall can join along with me every day and teach your puppy side by side and we can compare notes on whats working for yall or maybe a quicker way to do something. I will be watching quite a few Different videos on how each trick is performed and I will make my own style of it.
Lets do a little recap on how she learned the current tricks…
Sit is the first Trick and is the easiest to teach in my opinion.. It is completely optional to give a hand signal with the spoken word. I Like doing it… – ……. Because it Looks…. Cool… —
2nd we taught Laydown this one can be confusing because the puppy can sometimes get confused on what your wanting him/her to do… lay down, or come closer and bend down… this is how we did it.
Remember to only reward what is acceptable to you… if you say good girl Every single time she goes down no matter is she had time to write a novel on her way down… shell learn that its on her time when she wants to go down… so try at the start to reward her on every sucuss, however; once she knows it, only reward her on her swiftness.. if she isn’t doing it fast enough or what not, move to a different trick so you don’t get aggetated or start getting toney with her. Again we use hand signals along with the trick but that’s me
3rd we taught her UP… this is probably the easiest because its natural to them… its above… so lets jump after it!!!.
If they don’t automatically jump up for it… simply bring the treat slightly above their nose and keep repeating the command… they will eventually start igniting the rockets in those hind quarters and jumping up… start low… if you start high they may not get it.. it does sound simple but there is a little bit of confidence that is needed before they start entering orbit.
… ALLRIGHT.. now again please remember you only wanna work them for maybe 5-7mins a session 2-4.. or however many times you want a day… but keep the sessions short.. of course the more times you rinse and repeat.. the cleaner the trick will get 😊
Thanks For watching Guys I Should be Releasing a New video every day or 2 of the training process,and you can watch her progress as she learns these tricks, Please Show me videos of your dogs and how they are doing with the videos, and If you have some tips for the next video or a trick that you would like learn, Leave a comment and ill put it on the List… Please SubScribe and ill see you Next Video!!!

source

The post On the Job Puppy Training Day 1 With Frenda The Doberman appeared first on Professional Dog Advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment